Benefits of Good Design
Make the most of every drop of water with a smart irrigation system that saves time, money, and the environment with technically advanced irrigation solutions.
The real test of smart irrigation is trusting a well-trained team to install the system as designed. Our red truck team takes time and special care to do the installation right, and always leaving the site is tidy when finished. Even without the smart technology, as long as you have a good design, you’ll be watering responsibly.
What is a Smart Irrigation System?
If your design is smart, you will have a great head start on good water management and should expect to see at least a 20% savings in water. However, when you integrate a smart design into your water management, you can expect to see an additional 15-20% savings.
This system allows you to add things like advanced rain sensors, weather stations, and smart controllers. Smart technology allows for these additions to be operated from your phone, tablet or laptop. This option also saves water while making it easier to water when away from home.
To fully benefit from the features above, it is crucial to have a well thought out design in place for your smart irrigation. A smart design is much more than putting pipes and heads into the ground. Here are some things a good designer must consider if you expect to benefit from smart irrigation.
- Available water pressure…will a booster pump be necessary?
- Soil type
- Water needs of plants and turf
- Head placement for sun or shade
- Drainage & run-off
- Local ordinances or watering restrictions
- Proper backflow prevention
- How to manage flow & velocity in sizing the piping
- Proper type of head for the situation
- Matching precipitation rates
- Use and savings of separate water meters
- Where & how to use the new Technology
All irrigation systems require some degree of maintenance to continue working properly. Irrigation uses mechanical systems that inevitably will require some service. Our service technicians can troubleshoot any problem and quickly get you back to watering. Even if we didn’t design or install it!
- We can service any irrigation system
- Spring activations
- Mid-season check-ups
- Fall winterizations
- Emergency repairs
- Upgrade your existing irrigation system
- Professional installation
Managing our precious water resources makes better sense. Put HTA’s experience to the test!