Benefits of Good Design
Technology is great! We have smartphones, self-driving cars, and now we offer smart irrigation. There have been many irrigation innovations that save not only time but water, which saves you money!
The catch is that smart features require a well thought out design to benefit from the points mentioned above. There is more to irrigation than putting pipe and heads into the ground. Here are some things a good designer must consider if you expect to benefit from smart technology.
- Available water pressure…will a booster pump be necessary?
- Soil type
- Water needs of plants and turf
- Head placement for sun or shade
- Drainage & run-off
- Local ordinances or watering restrictions
- Proper Backflow Prevention
- How to manage flow & velocity in sizing the piping
- Proper type of head for the situation
- Matching precipitation rates
- Use and savings of separate water meters
- Where & how to use the new Technology
If your design is smart, you will have a great head start on good water management and should expect to see a 20% savings in water. Smart technology, but it can add an additional 15-20% savings providing greater water management.
Even without the smart technology, you’ll be watering responsibly if you start with a good design.
Smart technology allows you to add things like advanced rain sensors, weather stations, and smart controllers. These additions will allow you to operate them from your phone or laptop, making it easy to water and save even when you’re away from home.
Managing our precious water resources makes better sense! Put HTA’s experience to the test!